GPS Device policy
The Good mates plan provides vehicle owners with added reassurance via the inclusion of a GPS tracking device. Users who sign up to this plan are subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. The monthly subscription fee for the Good mates GPS tracking device and service is $10 per device. Billing cycle will begin on the actual day of device activation; the first month subscription fee will be charged upon receiving the device.
2. The GPS tracking device will be supplied via registered signature on delivery postal mail within 3 days of vehicle registration and sign-up on Drive mate platform.
3. The GPS tracking device will include installation instructions for the vehicle owner to self-install in a safe hidden location inside their vehicle.
4. In the event that the vehicle owner wishes to change subscription plans, the host must make the request to Drive mate via email and return the GPS device (in case of downgrade to Just mates plan) via registered signature on delivery postal. Removal of GPS tracking device is also permitted under the following conditions:
a) Within 1 month of sign-up, then no removal charge.
b) If done after 1 month and within 12 months (less than 10 trips), then a charge of $25 per removal.
c) If 10 or more trips have been completed since installation of the device, then no removal fee is charged.
d) If Drive mate decides to remove the host from the platform for violation of any of its policies, then the cost of device removal of $25 will be borne by the host.
e) If the host decides to sell the car, then upon proof of sale, the removal charge will be refunded to the host.
e. In the event of termination, the host shall return the rental units to Drive mate within 14 days of termination. The host will be charged the fee stated in clause 4 if the unit is not returned or lost within the stated period.
5. If the device is not returned, lost, damaged or vandalized, the host shall be charged $100 to cover replacement costs.. This is inclusive of damages incurred during road accidents, fire, flood, theft, riot or any other natural disasters.
6. The host agrees not to modify, tamper, dismantle, disassemble, reverse engineer or decompile any of the hardware components of the device. The host further agrees to use the hardware components only for the primary purpose of the Drive mate Go service.
7. Data and all other information generated as a result of the host using the device constitute Customer Information. Drive mate shall treat such Customer Information in the strictest confidence. The host agrees that Drive mate may collect and use such Customer Information gathered from the device as part of Drive mate’s ongoing measures to improve Drive mate’s service offerings and products. Customer Information may also be aggregated or anonymised and used by Drive mate and its partners or affiliates for the study, research, analysis or development of other products and services as the case may be.
However, personally identifiable Customer Information will not be resold, disclosed or provided to third parties without the explicit written consent of the host unless required by statutory requirements, regulatory requirements or through a discovery process in legal proceedings initiated in a court of competent jurisdiction.
8. This agreement is governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Australia and unless otherwise agreed upon mutually, both Drive mate and the host hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Australia Courts.
The host will need to provide a credit/debit card to which the monthly subscription fees shall be auto-charged along with installation fees. All costs mentioned are subject to a 2.5% processing fee.